Brinlee has been making the funniest face ever since we moved and it cracks us up! Something must be in that Portland water because our friend's little boy started doing the same thing when they moved here too. At first she would do it when she didn't want or like something, but McKay and I would always burst out laughing when she would do it so now she just does it to make us laugh.
This is the best pic I could get of it. It is so much funnier in person. So you will have to come visit us to see what we mean!
Some other things Brin's been doing since we got here are: folding her arms during prayers (makes me giggle which is very inappropriate during prayer especially in church) , and waving to EVERYONE she sees. It has become very hard to go to the store with her because she has to wave at everyone that comes within 50 feet of us. And of course everyone stops and says hi and says how cute she is! It's cute but adds 20 more mins to our trip. But I hope she never changes : )
The first day we got here I found this by the garbage. It was a little rough around the edges but still in really good shape. While we were in Rexburg I got free paint at Lowes. McKay said that I was silly for getting it. Not so silly anymore now is it McKay!
Before
It's an off-white and we like it for now.
After
A dresser that McKay's Parents gave us! I can't find the before pic but it was about the same color as the "before" entertainment center. But here is the after. I painted with the same paint as the entertainment center, modge-podged the doors and put new door knobs on it. I got my inspiration from a craft store in the burg. Thanks Janis for giving it to us and thanks mom for helping me with it : )
It is really addicting to find something and redo it! Especially when what you find is free or is passed on to you from family!
Last Sunday we went to the Portland Temple. the grounds are so beautiful! missionaries give tours every sunday and they have a new Visiter's Center that has a short movie and interactive info about temples and stuff. It is really neat and is supposed to be dedicated in a few months.
Brinlee looking at the beautiful temple
Here's the fam!
And I almost forgot the story about Brin being afraid of her reflection. Well in our old apartment the only mirror we had was the one in the bathroom which was small, so I guess Brin has never really seen her reflection in the mirror before. Our new apartment has mirrors on every closet! So for the first few days whenever Brin would see her reflection in the mirror she would freak out and scream! It was so funny. We have now named her reflection Twinlee. It took McKay and I a bit to figure out what was wrong with her, but when we did we were dying! She would go to the corner of the mirror where she couldn't see herself then pop her head in front of the mirror and freak out. Sometimes she would raise her arms and again freak out when Twinlee would do the same. I'm kind of sad that she is now used to seeing Twinlee. Now she will just wave to her, which is also pretty cute.
Here she is staring at Twinlee making sure she doesn't go anywhere! (please excuse the mess we had just moved in : ))
Your projects turned out very cute! And of course, Brinlee is as cute as always. I'll have to visit just to be sure I'm right :)
ReplyDeleteLove your projects and Brinlee is adorable! She is definitely looking older. Hope you guys love Portland!
ReplyDeleteHAHA LOVE TWINLEE! That is the cutest thing ever :) Brinlee is getting so big! I can't believe how noticeable it is in only this short of time! Love you guys!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Cute projects! Miss you all
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Brielle has been making the same hilarious face ever since we moved! And she does it while looking up when she walks and it always throws her off so she will fall! Silly girls! Love the projects! Miss you! p.s. we need to figure out a time for you guys to come visit!!
ReplyDelete