Tuesday, March 22, 2011

projects

My pictures are kind of out of order, but this was my second project I did in a sewing class I'm in. I never thought I could do something like this. I going to make one more with this fabric but I'll have buttons on it. I LOVE this class. It's giving more courage to sew things on my own.

   








I have started crocheting a blanket in my free time. So basically right before I go to bed I do a half a row than that's the point where I can't keep my eyes open any longer. I learned how to crochet back in high school and haven't done it since. I learned this type of stitch from my friend Katie. I'm going to alternate between brown and pink. Wanna guess who this is for?

This will be my next and last project I do for sewing class. I'm hope to turn the picture down below into basically looking like anything except well what it is now. The shades are allows falling off! I will do that using the fabric on the right. I have decided it is no longer cheaper to make things on your own like it was back in my parent's day. Kind of sad.
My first project for my sewing class. I decided to do burp rags cause they may come in handy! Maybe
There's a reason I close my eyes when I walk past the little girls section at wal-mart. I couldn't resist! But I had 5 in my cart and narrowed it down to 1, so I'm pretty proud of myself! This will be for next summer. I should wait til it's the fall to buy it so that it's on sale, but I'm affraid it will be gone. So better safe than sorry! right?
25 weeks. I was looking back on my other earlier pregnancy photos and not until now do I realize how little I was compared to now. Each day I feel like I had another coating on that belly. Grow baby grow!


Here is McKay expressing our feelings:
How we feel about school right now

How we feel about 90 days left til Jr. Miss arrives (we act calm and collected but really we are freaking out, excited, and scrambling to get ready)
This is how we feel about the last day of school being less than 3 weeks away



5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute projects, Ash! And cute belly, too.

    Hey, what's with the bad school 'tude? You're going to look back on these days as the "good ole days", ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are so cute! I wish I would have taken a sewing class instead of the waste of time interior design class I took! I also love your crochet blanket those two colors together are so cute! Yeah for only 3 weeks of school left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillows Ashley! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the problem with sewing "these days" is that while it's still cheaper to sew than to buy the really fancy stuff, it's NOT cheaper to sew that to buy the basics at Wal-Mart/Target. Sure a seamstress can make a custom dress or fancy window treatment for less money than paying someone else for something custom, but what's the incentive to learn when the basics are so cheap?!

    However, I love your pillows and your burp rags. Any time I go shopping for Sunday Dresses I always wish I was a more confident seamstress.

    Who knows, one day maybe we'll all sew or pay someone in our wards to sew for us because it's the only way to get modest clothing, not because it's so cheap...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley! You look so good! I hope to get to see you in the spring! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete