Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Sadly this is the most up to date picture I have with my mom. Next time we are in town we will have to fix that. Well happy Mother's Day! This post is for my mother, who is the best mother anyone could ask for! I feel truly blessed to have her as my mother. She is an amazing example to me. I remember growing up people would tell me I looked like her. I always loved hearing that! She is such a beautiful women. McKay says I have or copy my moms sense of humor. I'm ok with that too, because she is hilarious!
My mother and me on my wedding day, obviously : )

McKay with his beautiful mother! She is the best mother-in-law a girl could ask for! 
I found a couple of cute poems that I thought I would share... (I thought of my mom when I read them. She is an amazing mother. I hope to be as wonderful as she is when my little girl comes)

To My Mother
For all the times you gently picked me up,
When I fell down,
For all the times you tied my shoes
And tucked me into bed,
Or needed something
But put me first instead.
For everything we shared,
The dreams, the laughter,
And the tears,
I love you with a "Special Love"
That deepens every year..

- Author Unknown.


What is a Mother?
A Mother has so many things to do,
From washing, ironing, cleaning to tying a shoe.
She scrubs, she mends, she cooks and sews,
She bathes the children and washes their clothes.
When they forget to wash their faces clean,
And their clothes are the muddiest you've ever seen,
Who repairs the clothes and scrubs them like new?
Of course, that is what a Mother will do.

Who becomes the doctor or the nurse when they are ill,
Applying a bandage or giving them a pill?
Who becomes a teacher when a child has homework?
She must never her duty shirk.
Who becomes a detective to find a toy or a book?
For missing things she must look and look?
Who becomes a listener to every heartache,
To every accomplishment that a child makes?
Who scolds their children when they are naughty,
Or remind them of God when they are to haughty?
Who tends her family with love and patience, too?
Of course that is what a Mother will do.

- Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, you are so sweet! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this Ashley! I second everything you said! We have the BEST Mom in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- you need to do a pregnancy update! You only have 18 days left and we need to see a picture! I'm sure i'm not speaking for only myself. So let's see it! I bet you're SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete