McKay and I are expecting our first! I will be 16 weeks along tomorrow and I am due June 29! We found out on halloween day. My major symptom before finding out was pure exhaustion! I couldn't keep my eyes open. from that time forth most days McKay has to drag me out of bed to go to class (what a good husband!) I have had morning sickness since week 6. Some days are worse then others, but I really can't complain because there hasn't really been any foods that I cringe at the sight of, except maybe apple juice (seen way too much of that if you know what I mean!) I already feel like I am starting to show. Last night I went running up on campus while McKay went and played bball (I know surprising!) anyways while I was running/walking I notice a few girls look at me and then my stomach with a look of are you pregnant or did you just eat a big dinner? My answer: both. I'll get the ultrasound up hopfully soon! We don't know the sex of the baby yet, but will in the next few weeks. In the meantime here are a few things about the baby: From
babycenter.com isn't our baby so cute!
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
And if any of you have any good names you would like to swing our way lets us know!
See? Even babycenter.com is referring to your baby as a "him"!
ReplyDeleteYa but wait until next week, then they will say it's a girl. They just can't make up their minds!
ReplyDeleteI was going to say, baby center says boy one day then girl the next. I still get weekly emails from them saying your 20 month old should be developing at this point...& they switch between boy & girl. I still think you are having a girl! Congrats
ReplyDeleteI think I'm having a girl too. But everyone else in the family including McKay's side thinks it's a boy. I guess we will find out in a few weeks!
ReplyDeletemothers insticnt! I was positive it was a girl and Trev thought it was a boy- and she turned out to be a girl! There are so many fun names out there to chose from, baby center has a list of the top 100 and so forth. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete